Sunday 25 March 2012

One Word One Technique week 13

Hi all it is my turn to show you all my project for One Word One Technique Week 13.
For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The Prompt for Week 13

March Technique - Embossing
Word Prompt - Inspire

I couldn`t decide between Metal Magic and UTEE soooo me being me i thought . . . WHY . . .not do both, lol!

So first up is Metal Magic by Debbie Moore and this powder is truly magical! You can find Silver and Copper Metal Magic in the shop here.

This powder lets you make metal embellishments using your own stamps and you can also use your punches to make metal shapes.

First i inked up my stamp with Black Versamark ink pad.



Then i stamped up some card with clear versamark and srinkled the powder over,tipping off any excess.
Heat with a heat tool and while hot sprinkle on more powder and heat again,while it is still hot press your stamp into it.
{As you can see i have been doing a lot off stamping and need to clean my acrylic block,lol!}
Lift your stamp off and you are left with a deep impression.
Once it was cool i bent the card a little to make cracks appear and using a blending tool added some Black Soot to finish.

Second up my all time favourite UTEE sooo many ways you can use this powder,i couldn`t be without this in my stash!
Time to turn my attention to my art journal and the covers.
I chose a piece of Simple Stories patterned paper,cut to size and fixed in place.
Taking an ink blending tool,Black Soot distress pad, ink up the edges of the paper.
I then inked up the quote and heart stamp with black versamark ink pad and stamped,sprinkled some fine clear embossing powder over the images and heat with the heat tool.
This makes a nice outline to go in with colour,i coloured with Smooches.
I wanted a glossy finish to my cover so i then took the clear versamark ink pad and stamped all over,sprinkled with UTEE and heat with the heat tool.
It will look uneven at this point so repeat this process another 2 times to give a glossy finish.
On the back i used the fine embossing powder which gave it a different look,sorry it doesn`t show up so well in the picture.
At last i think it is starting to look like an Art Journal now.

Thank you for looking and i hope it has inspired you to have a go at embossing yourself!
Please pop back if you do as we would all love to see what you create.

Till next time
Big hugs
Tracy
XOXOX

2 comments: