Sunday 22 April 2012

One Word One Technique #17


For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 17 is:

April Technique - Fabric
This Week's Word - Comfort

There are lots of pre-made embellishments on the market these days using fabric. I am particular fan of the fabric brads that Crate Paper & Basic Grey offer. For this challenge I decided to make my own fabric button to use on my page. Here's what you'll need to make your own:


A scrap of fabric and some button shells, front and back. I happen to have a button covering tool but you can do without it and there are lots of other button making tools on the market. 

Trace a circle onto your fabric and cut out. Place the circle face down in the rubber button covering tool and  trim any excess fabric if necessary. 


Tuck the fabric into the centre and place the button back over it. Use the plastic pusher to press the button back into the front. 


Now you can just pop the button out and you are done! Here's what the back looks like:


And the front:


I use foam tape to attach to my layouts.  Here's my layout for this week's prompt. 



I hope you like this weeks prompt and as always please share your link in the comments if you play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment