Sunday 3 June 2012

One Word One Technique #23


I hope everyone's enjoying the Jubilee weekend :D
Here's the first 'One Word, One Technique' prompt for June:


For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 23 is:

June Technique - Tearing
This Week's Word - Nature

This is art journal page #6 for me, and I can't believe how different they all are - I've been creating them as individual pages and haven't really thought about how they'll look when they're all bound together!

Here's my June page:
I created my background with spray inks. I wet my page using a mini mister and then sprayed three colours over the top - yellow, orange and green. I mopped up some of the excess by laying another piece of paper over the top and then let them both dry.
I stamped the flower images and the quote straight onto the background, and coloured in the flowers using red spray ink and a paintbrush.
I then stamped the grass image and the last word of the quote onto the sheet of paper that I'd used to mop up the excess ink and tore round them. I also tore off a couple more pieces and layered them up at the bottom of my page. 
Hope you like my take on this week's prompt. If you create something using the prompt make sure you link us up in the comments, as we'd love to come and have a look!

1 comment: